Back door face lift

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

This summer I've been putting a lot of effort into making our backyard more pleasant. It's really small and pretty much all cement so it definitely needs a lot of life. My plants have been coming along good, and I also repainted our light fixtures but I just felt like it still needed an extra boost.

The light bulb finally came on and I realized that our back door was just sitting there practically begging to be painted. So paint it I did! It was actually a pretty easy project and I was able to finish it after work one afternoon.

I already had some black paint left over from when I repainted the front door last summer so I figured I'd just use that. I got my supplies around and then started taping. I've said it before...I'm not great at taping but this was a pretty easy job.




Once the tape was on I got to painting. First I used a painted brush to paint around the edges. I did two coats of that and then intended to use a foam roller on the rest. The foam roller was terrible! I don't know if I just was using it wrong (if that's possible?!) but it was creating so many air bubbles for me! I ended up just using a paint brush on the entire door. I did two coats and I think it turned out great!





I apologize for forgetting to take photos mid-paint job. I think I was probably too stressed because it looked so horrible. Ever notice how you feel a little panicked after just one coat of paint?! Is that just me?! I always start to feel like I never should've started the project but thankfully it usually works out in the end. I'm really happy with the end result and think it was just the spruce needed for the backyard. What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. Much better! The door really stands out now.

    p.s. I LOVED Eclipse!!! I am ready to go see it again today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Micah! I really like it too...just taking some getting used to. Eclipse was awesome! I'll definitely have to see it again this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! It really does stand out well now :)

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)