Curtain Call

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Lately I've been working on sprucing up our guest bedroom. I'm trying to do it on the cheap since it's really not used all that much and I should probably be focusing my cash flow on other areas of the house. Last weekend we were browsing around T.J. Maxx and found some nice curtains for only $20! For the pair of curtain panels! Lovely!!! I snatched them up and headed for the check-out.

Here's a picture of the previous window treatments. It was a valance. With beading. We had the valance in our apartment many moons ago because curtains would have covered the baseboard heater and that just didn't seem safe. I'm not generally a huge fan of valances. Anyway, here's a before picture (sorry it's not great, I had to use my phone - camera was MIA):


I hung up the new panels and love the look. I mean I did hang them up to test it out, then I decided to iron them. I didn't want to put forth the effort of ironing the curtains just to take them back to T.J.'s. What?! I'm lazy when it comes to ironing! But here's the end result:



I like the way they look and it was a cheap and easy upgrade. I am thinking that I need to replace the curtain rod as well. I'm not loving the the spirally end pieces (the real name of those is slipping my mind) with the grommets. What do you think? Yay or nay? I hope you think yay :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)