Dining Room Display

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Every since we moved the re-finished buffet into the dining room last summer I've been trying to figure out how to spruce up the surrounding area. The existing pictures on the wall needed to stay because one of them hides our electrical box.

This left me with a big blank area right over the buffet. During a recent trip to Ikea I saw some photo ledges displaying lots of picture frames. And I liked it! I snatched up a few of the ledges and picture frames and headed home. Here's all the goodies I bought:

Loren started hanging the ledges up the other night and I was pumped. I told him where to put them and how I imagined it to look. He hung up the first ledge and it looked like this...

Fail. That is not a winning photo ledge in any way. It was too high and to make matters worse when you looked into the room the light blocked everything! Grrr!!

So, we started over. I decided that instead of putting both ledges up maybe just one more in the middle of the space would be better. Luckily, these ledges are easy to install. I helped Loren with marking the wall so everything was straight but otherwise it's a one person job. There's just three screws that are used and then you cover them up with stickers so everything looks black and pretty. I forgot to take a close-up of the holes but their holes...you can figure out what they look like.

After Loren hung that ledge like a pro, we were in business. I busily filled the picture frames and hussled them into the dining room. Wahlaa!



I used a picture I purchased from Ikea and some printed photos from Costco. I love it. Love it, love it, love it! I need to do something with the other pictures that were already hanging on that wall but I have a plan for 'em. :)

So, what do you think? Like the ledge? Anyone else used one before? I really like them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)